Friday, April 21, 2006

What Price Beauty?


Is it just me or is Tyra Banks becoming a mega bitch and a bit hypocritical. The woman who use to defend larger plus size models and the usual girls against Janice's honest, somewhat bitchy opinions, has the nerve to complain that Danielle could never be a CoverGirl with a gap between her teeth. I have three words for Tyra - supermodel Lauren Hutton. I will give Tyra props for fixing Joanie's snaggletooth and giving her a boost in her confidence. But, what I don't understand is why Tyra insists that Danielle fix, what doesn't bother Danielle. Besides, Danielle has been perfection in all of her photo shoots. I really hope she is able to stand her ground, however it looks like she's back at the dentist next week.

I really don't know how I will feel about Tyra's control issues lately. Only time will tell, but I will say this - shame on you Tyra for not promoting a slight imperfection, you're making some young girl out there feel she's not beautiful cause of the gap between her teeth. I hope you stick to your guns Danielle, winning Top Model or not.

No comments: