Monday, July 31, 2006

Out of this World


So I got to thinking about classic Saturday morning cartoons (yeah, I know - Saturday on Monday) and I remembered how much I loved The Herculoids as a kid.

I loved this sci-fi family who spent week after week defending their home from the evil forces who threatened to destroy their happy existence. I loved how the family was made up of three humans and five other-worldly creatures. I can remember trying to draw the dragon Zok and the blob-like Gloop and Gleep, as the show buzzed by. I sometimes think nailing the drawing of Zok, started my love of drawing.

With other classic cartoon television shows now on DVD, my only hope is that Hanna-Barbera will put out this classic out soon. I know I can't be the only one who remembers this series, fondly.

No comments: