Wednesday, April 06, 2005

In Bloom

I officially welcomed spring this morning, while walking James towards his subway stop. Walking through Union Square, with the daffodils and crocuses all in bloom, we made a stop off at Starbucks for his morning jolt of coffee with a splash of caramel, or should that be a grande coffee with a pump of caramel? Whatever.

It seemed to me that the sun was shining extra bright this morning and the sparrows were dizzy with excitement. And then it happened, James kissed me square on the lips, right outside Starbucks and off to work he was. What a way to start the day. As I watched him walk down the street, generally surprised (as public displays of affection are not the norm)... I felt like the day got even brighter and warmer. I'm so happy spring has finally sprung.

No comments: