Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Extra, Extra


So almost two years ago, I had the privilege to attend a martini cocktail party. Imagine my surprise when I arrived and found out they were casting extras for an independent film, the fabulously titled Slutty Summer (can't get any better then that) in the basement of the party held at Porter's. Of course I immediately volunteered to partake in the fun of being on a film shoot, the last one was a college friend's thesis project. Placed right behind the actors in the shot; the shoot was fun, I got to have a blast with the cocktail waitress and another extra and then poof back to some cocktails.

Some time went by and I never heard anything about the film again. Fast forward to last year's Gay & Lesbian Film Festival where the film premiered to a sold out crowd. No tickets for Dan. Speaking with the director Casper, he indicated that most of his friends were even enable to attend the screenings, two, both which sold out very quickly. Good news however, after numerous awards the film was picked-up by TLA Releasing and will be screened at Cinema Village starting this Friday. Casper and the crew will be on hand this weekend for Q&A sessions after the film, not to mention a release party Friday night at Opaline, where your ticket stub gets you in for $5.

I for one am excited to finally see the film in completion and to see if my mug makes it to the big screen. Either way I'm looking forward to seeing the film and wish Casper good luck this weekend. My only fear is that the theater will sell out of tickets quickly. So I better swing by at lunchtime to grab a few. See you all there.

No comments: