Tuesday, August 23, 2005

At What Cost?


Ok, I'll admit I love celebrity and the gossip that follows it. I can safely say that I enjoy hearing about the rich and famous. However, I do feel like the paparazzi are going overboard with the hunt for the perfect picture- the first one to capture Brad and Angelina acting as a couple or how and what an Olsen twin might eat.

Take for example, Scarlett Johansson. While partaking in a day trip to Disneyland (yeah, there's a hot bed of sizzling action) she was followed by four (yes, four) sports vehicles in pursuit of the perfect shot. For what, I ask, Scarlett on Splash Mountain? While trying to avoid the pesky photographers, she unfortunately clipped the right side of another vehicle containing a mother and her two daughters. Thankfully, no one was hurt. Oh yeah, the photographers got their shots... of the accident they were responsible for.

Are we that thirsty for these photographs of Scarlett enjoying an amusement park that innocent people could have been injured or worse. I say we take a more classy response and boycott these stalk-a-razzis. I suggest celebrity magazines find a better way to spend their budget, then on these tasteless shots. Have we so soon forgotten about Princess Di?

No comments: