Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Bucking the System


I love people who fuck with the system, just when you think you have seen everything, something new and fascinating comes along. This is one of the reasons, I'm drawn to Buck Angel, not only did he put on an amazing showcase at this weekend's Black Party, but he is being true to himself. For those not familiar with his story, Buck was born a woman, transitioned to a man however retains he's vagina. Don't get me wrong, he is all man and a born performer.

The best part about this is it makes everyone question their own sexuality, as I heard numerous men at the Black Party tell me how attracted to Buck they were. And this is what's so great, it goes beyond one's own conventions and draws out something very primal. I'm glad we have Buck in our community and look forward to seeing more from him.

No comments: