Friday, November 10, 2006

Is the Dance Over?

Will the Roxy survive or will it be the next mega-club to close in the every changing urban landscape of Chelsea. Rumors of the clubs demise have been floating around for a long time, and while an attempt to close the venue comes as no surprise, as an institution, I for one hope the club remains open and thrives.

The cavernous space has been my home for dancing my ass off for the past five years - not to mention those members of the Roxy family that have been great -- Derek, Louis, and Sara, my favorite bathroom attendant who unfortunately died while waiting for the Saturday night boys who adored her at arrive (miss you!).

John Blair promises to find another Saturday venue if the Roxy closes its doors for good and one can't help but think they will destroy the building too quick and replace it with fancy over-priced condos if they cannot get out of the red. Something I hope we don't actually see for a few more years. Will we be saying goodbye to this dance institution, only time will tell... more to come soon I'm sure. Keep your dance cards open, boys!

No comments: