Friday, February 10, 2006

The Bitches are Back


So my favorite sporting event takes place next week, and no I'm not talking about the Winter Olympics. The Westminster Dog Show arrives in town Monday and Tuesday, with all its spectacle and drama. You cannot get any better then thousands of dogs competing to be Best of Show. For the past seven years, I have spent countless hours wandering the halls of Madison Square Garden enjoying the canine company and learning a lot about the breeds on display. The doggie parents are just as competitive as any children's sporting event (not to mention if you look hard enough, you can find countless characters similar to the movie) and if you ever have the opportunity to attend the show during the day, you'll meet your fair share of these passionate breeders.


So with great excitement, I look forward to two days of hard competition, beauty and the excitement of the evening shows. Don't forget to root for your favorites, I know I will.

No comments: